PEER INSTRUCTION NETWORK TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
By accessing Peer Instruction Network you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Peer Instruction Network's web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Peer Instruction Network's web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Peer Instruction Network at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Peer Instruction Network's web site are provided "as is". Peer Instruction Network makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Peer Instruction Network does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Peer Instruction Network or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Peer Instruction Network's Internet site, even if Peer Instruction Network or a Peer Instruction Network authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Peer Instruction Network's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Peer Instruction Network does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Peer Instruction Network may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Peer Instruction Network does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Peer Instruction Network has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Peer Instruction Network of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Peer Instruction Network's web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Massachusetts without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
PEER INSTRUCTION NETWORK RULES
In order to provide the Peer Instruction Network service and the ability to connect, share, and learn from and with other innovative educators, there are some limitations on the type of content that can be published and on the ways members can use one another’s information. We may need to change these rules as the site grows, so please check back here for updates.
- Impersonation: Impersonation of others in a manner that does or is intended to mislead, confuse, or deceive others is strictly prohibited. We also reserve the right to reclaim user names on behalf of individuals that hold legal claim or trademark on those user names. Accounts using names and/or photographs to mislead others will be deleted.
- Privacy: You may not publish or post other member’s private and confidential information, such as their e-mail address or their University, in your profile unless you have advance, express written permission.
- Violence and Threats: You may not use the Network to publish in your member profile, or email from the site, threats of violence against others.
- Unlawful Use: You may not use the Peer Instruction Network for any unlawful purposes or illegal activities. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
Spam and Abuse
Peer Instruction Network will not tolerate spam and abuse. Any members engaging in the activities specified below are subject to permanent deletion.
- Multiple Accounts: You may not purposefully create multiple member accounts.
- Usernames: You may not buy or sell any Peer Instruction Network member information, including e-mail addresses, or any content located on the Peer Instruction Network site or blog.
- Malware/Phishing: You may not publish or link to malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another member’s browser or computer or to compromise another member’s privacy.
- Spam: You may not use Peer Instruction Network for the purpose of spamming. Spamming includes, using any member profile information to send repeat, mass invitations or sending other members misleading content or links to points of interest or aggressively promoting third-party sites.
- Pornography: You may not use obscene or pornographic images or language in your member profile.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will specifically use Peer Instruction Network members’ profile information, submitted questions and testimonials for the express purposes of informing Peer Instruction Network’s efforts to develop the network and disseminate interactive teaching practices. These dissemination efforts may include but are not limited to talks or workshops conducted by Eric Mazur and/or Julie Schell, this website and its blog at the address blog.peerinstruction.net, the Peer Instruction Network listerves, pinetwork and pinetwork-news, and other arenas relevant to the purposes of disseminating and the domain of interactive teaching.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to Peer Instruction Network members information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting Peer Instruction Network business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.